As healthy and light as Dhokla recipe is, it is equally easy to make. Many people make Dhokla in idli maker or steamer. Here we are telling you the best and easiest method of making Dhokla.
Recipe Cuisine: How many people: 2 – 4
Time: 15 to 30 minutes
Necessary Ingredients for Dhokla Recipe
Gram flour – 1 cup, lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Curd – 2 tbsp
Green chili-ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Eno fruit salt – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Oil – a small spoon of oil
Water – two cups
Taste – Salt, Baking powder 1/2 tbsp,
(NOTE – IF YOU HAVE CITRIC ACID THEN SKIP “ENO, ,CURD(DAHI)”.
For Tempering (TADKA)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Asafoetida (HING) – a pinch
Rye – half a teaspoon
Green chilli – 4 chopped
Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Water – A water
Sugar – 1 teaspoon sugar
For Decoration Of Dhokla Recipe
- Coriander leaves
- Chopped Green Chillies
Tips TO MAKE BEST INSTANT KHAMAN DHOKLA
Pay close attention to the proportion of ingredients. Always use measuring cups and spoons to measure the ingredients. We need a fine gram flour powder for making the dhokla.
1. Citric acid is the key ingrediant to make Dhokla Soft & Spongy
2. Before cooking the recipe plz follow the video and images steps for better results
Method for khaman Dhokla Recipe
1.Sieve (छानना) gram flour in a bowl. Add ingredients like citric acid, sugar, turmeric powder, asafoetida & salt. Add a little water to it, make a gram paste not too thin or too thick, keep in mind that the paste should not have kernels.if you are using citric acid skip the below ingredients
Add lemon juice, and curd and mix well.
2. Cover and keep this mixture for 1-2 hours. So that it swells well.
After a while, add a green chilli-ginger paste and beat it again.
After this, grease it with oil in Dhokla cooking vessel.
3. Put 2-3 cups of water in the cooker and keep it to heat on high heat.
Then add Eno or baking powder to the thick paste of gram flour and whisk for one minute. You will see that the paste has swollen.
4. Now without any delay, put this mixture in an oil-greased pot and keep it in the vessel and close the lid.
5. After cooking in steam for 20-25 minutes on medium flame, open the lid
6. With a knife in Dhokla try it. If the knife is clean then the dhokla is cooked and if there is the wetness of the paste, cook it for 2-3 minutes more.
7. After the time, remove the dhokla from the cooker and leave it for a while.
Then cut the dhokla into small pieces.
8. Now put oil in a tempering pan and heat it.
When the oil becomes hot, add asafoetida, mustard seeds, green chillies, and curry leaves, and temper it.
9. Put a cup of water and sugar in this tempering and put it to a boil and turn off the heat.
Pour the prepared tempering on the dhokla and garnish with coriander leaves and chopped green chillies eat.
Step by Step for dhokla recipe VIDEO
Video credits to Bharatzkitchen
Step by Step Images to Make Dhokla Recipe
1.Take 200 gms of Besan (gram flour) & Filter it (छानना)
2. Now add Citric acid, Sugar, Salt, Hing, Turmeric powder, Chopped green Chili & Ginger,
3. Add water and mix it well “to make it spongy” secrete tip mix it continues in one direction for 5 minutes so the mixture will take the air. so, now we are able to make it spongy
4. Take all your batter and pour into your cooking tin or idli maker
5. Cook it for 25-30 minutes
After 30 minutes it will look like this
Now check it with knife if batter comes out with knife
5. For tempering (tadka) take a pan and oil, mustard seeds, asafoetida (a pinch), green chillies, curry leaves, add water, lemon juice, sugar.
6. Pour you tadka to cooked dhokla
Check out our previous recipes
The Way to Make Dhokla in Microwave?
Traditionally, a large steamer can be used to cook the batter to perfection. For the microwave method, we will simply prepare the batter as indicated in the recipe below, pour the batter into a microwave-safe bowl, place a cup of water in the microwave and steam dhokla for 5 minutes. No requirement of any gasoline stove steamer.
The Way To Dhokla In Instant Pot?
To steam dhokla within an instantaneous pot, fill out the interior pot with 2 glasses of water. Place a tall trivet in the interior pot. Arrange the pan with the batter on the trivet (I favour having a small-size round cake tin that will fit easily within the instantaneous pot). Place the pressure valve to the venting position. Establish the Steam style for 10 minutes. The IP timer does not work in steaming mode, hence you’ll need to place an external timer.
After the collection cooking time, open the lid, and insert a toothpick to inspect dhokla for doneness. Before turning to allow dhokla to sit in the pan for 10 minutes to cool down a bit.
How To Produce Dhokla Without Eno?
Substitute of 1 teaspoon of Eno salt with a baking soda. Both of them act as a great instant fermenting agent to make a fluffy dhokla.
Dhokla or khaman is a favourite vegetarian Indian snack from the state of Gujarat. It’s served as a teatime snack or’farsan’ as they say in Gujarati with a number of sweet and spicy chutney. Consequently, it is a gluten-free and vegan snack.
Every family has their own way of making dhokla from scratch. The traditional dhokla recipe requires a tedious, fast fermentation process to make the batter airy, and spongy.
My Instant Dhokla Recipe
Over time I tried and tested plenty of dhokla recipes. After ditching many batches of dhokla to the trash, I somehow managed to formulate this microwave-friendly instant dhokla recipe.
The instant dhokla is that the cheat variant of the traditional dhokla recipe where the fermentation period of this batter is decreased by using baking soda or fruit salt/eno.The instantaneous dhokla is equally spongy, light, airy with balanced sweetness, and spiciness.
And trust me on this one, should you zero-down to a foolproof dhokla recipe, then it is one of the easiest Indian bites to prepare in your home.
If you go by the calorie count as well, I presume Dhokla would come under the class of guilt-free vegan snacks.
I will snack on dhokla throughout any given hour of the day. Once chilled in the refrigerator to the right temperature, it is lemony juices refresh the taste buds.
Drink it with homemade green chutney to get a genuine taste.
suji dhokla recipe, khaman dhokla recipe, dhokla recipe video, dhokla recipe Sanjeev Kapoor, dhokla recipe in Hindi dhokla recipe in cooker,eno dhokla recipe in Hindi, dhokla recipe Tarla dalal